Saturday, June 1, 2013

Staples for the Brave Boy

Yesterday morning was a doozie!  I had lots to accomplish while John would be home with the kids for the morning.  Logan was at school until 11.  John texted me right away to ask if I had seen a bug bite on the back of Eden's neck (looked like a nasty tick bite!).  I hadn't noticed it before, so we called the pediatrician and were waiting for a response.  I was off getting my haircut.  I waited for another text from John to hear what the doctor said about Eden's bite: should we bring her in or treat it with something? - I was feeling a little worried about it.  The next text that came through while the girl was just finishing cutting my layers was something like this "Come home as soon as you can.  Bennett fell and cut his head open".  So, I jumped up, wet hair, left the salon and headed home.  We jumped in the van and headed to the ER.  Benny was a trooper.
Turns out, Bennett needed two staples since his head split wide open in the back after the impact of falling off a bench onto our wood floor.  He was so brave and barely cried.  In the mean time, we had the doctor check our Eden's little bite and examine to be sure we don't need to worry about lymes.

Then Eden and I went to pick Logan up from school around the block.  It was a beautiful morning, so we waited for Daddy and Super Bennett outside the ER doors and enjoyed the weather.

Double ER tags: Benny and Eden.  But, Bennett wins the prize for being so brave.  He was immediately himself...enjoying lunch all together, playing outside, and all his usual antics.  :)

Staples in the morning, bike rides in the evening.  No problem for this big kid!

*I should note that John has not been fired from Daddy Duty.  He will continue to be able to keep the children while Mommy is away.  lol


No comments: