Thursday, October 18, 2012

One clean room...

 Last weekend John and the boys spent one night visiting John's parents so I had a little girls' weekend with Eden.  I've been asking John for a weekend to work on some stuff at home since Eden was pretty little.  It would have been more productive time when she was three months old because at seven months, she wanted to play a lot and sleep less, which meant less time for mom to work.  I wont complain, though: the undivided time to play and read and snuggle with Eden was super special (and more fun than housework!).
Since we moved here just over one year ago, we have moved furniture around and been constantly organizing.  Just now we feel like things are where they belong...or starting to be.  I thought I would share a couple photos of my favorite room, since it was clean.  Its our living room, which is right off the entry way through the front door.  The above photo is taken from the dining room.  I love the arches.

I also love the buffet window - or piano window.  We have plans to paint the room a little darker neutral, but I'm going back and forth between beige and gray.  Right now the room is very light tan (it looks green or gold here). Plans also involve painting the ceiling and chunking up the crown moulding.  And please help me with the windows!  The shades are in terrible shape!  We need some curtains or something!

 Here is the view from the entryway.

Its a big room, which has made it hard to decide on a layout.  For now, we like the set up, but its our third or fourth round of moving stuff.  On the end closest to the entry way, we have some space for the kids.  The train table, mini game table, and bookshelves are there with plenty of space to play.  

As you can see, this really was the only clean room.  :)  But there you can see the entry way.  And sweet girl playing.

We would love to have more seating in here, but for now the open space is nice for the kids to play and rough house. (What, rough? My kids?  Never.  Haha).  Long long long term plan would be to have this be a super comfy warm room with the tv (we only have one) and a big sectional so when the kids are big, they can hang out with a big group of friends.  And there you have it.  The one clean room in the house.  I'll keep touring more as I have a chance.

No comments: