Sunday, October 28, 2012

Girls Weekend in Minot!

On a whim, I joined my mom on her trip to Minot to visit family.  My cousin, Jody, is having a baby boy around Thanksgiving and we were invited to a Thursday evening shower for her.  I checked on the weekend and amazingly, it worked for me to go along!  So we caught a flight on Thursday after lunch from MSP.

Waiting to board...Eden loved my crunchy water bottle!

First flight!  Talk about a SUPER baby!  She fell asleep during takeoff and didn't wake until I got out of my seat to deplane.

We borrowed carseats from cousins, so that was so convenient!  Happy girl!  

 Our first stop was to visit my Grandpa Sherman.  I haven't seen him for a long time!  He is 96!!  
Eden even likes sitting with him.  :)

Then we went to get ready for the fun shower planned by my cousin Angie.  It was at this super cute new bakery called "Sweet & Flour".

 The bakery was originally set to open over a year and a half ago, but then the flood hit Minot and the bakery had to postpone and rebuild.

I loved the "la toilette" sign.  :)


It was a surprise and she was super surprised, so it was great!

Me and my party girl.  Baby Leo got lots of great gifts that night and it was fun to see Jody and the rest of family who were there!

Eden loved exploring new places.  We stayed with Jody's family and she has 6 year old twins, Violet and Olivia.  Eden felt right at home with two doting cousins around.

She sat in her first high chair at a restaurant (after I sanitized it, of course.  Some things never change!). We had lunch at Applebee's - just one of many yummy restaurant stops.

Eden got to ride around in Baby Leo's seat - just making sure it works good! (Thanks Leo!)

Eden and Nana at dinner with the whole Thompson crew at Badlands Restaurant.

We played at Aunt Shirley's the next day.  Eden showed off her skills: sitting on her knees...which is then followed by pulling up to a standing position!  NO KIDDING!  She stands!

We got to eat at Qdoba and have a treat at Tutti Frutti that night.  Of course, Olivia wore her party attire to a casual dinner.  :)

Olivia.  Love her!  I guess I didn't snap any pics of Violet - but she is just as special and wonderful as her sissy!

And Eden enjoyed some kisses from the cutest boy around...

Palmer.  Extra special.  Thanks to everyone for the FUN visit!  I loved making the trip and promise to bring my BOYS next time!


No comments: