Friday, April 3, 2009

Baby K Update

John and I went to see my OB this morning and we were please to hear that everything is right on track! Despite our scare last week, my doctor reassured me that everything came back with flying colors and the fluid I lost was nothing but a fluke. He also was sure to emphasize that admitting myself right away was exactly the right thing to do. I've been so blessed to have such healthy pregnancies so far and I'm thankful for everyone's prayers as we wait the next 9 weeks!

My c-section is still scheduled for Friday, June 5th. Sometimes we think we would like to go a little earlier (we could schedule as early as June 2nd), but John will be away for work until May 31, so we're thinking a few extra days with him home leading up to the birth will be helpful.

My belly measures 31 cm, which is right on for being 31 weeks pregnant. However, I always measured correctly with Logan and we all know how that turned out! Dr. Dovre will do an ultrasound about two weeks before delivery just to check on the size of the baby so as to avoid any complications - even in a c-section.

Since having Logan, people always ask me whether I was diabetic during pregnancy because of Logan's size. But, my tests the first time came back completely negative and when I was tested a couple weeks ago for this pregnancy, my tests were also negative. So, that confirms it: we just have big babies!

We've really been trying to get Logan used to the idea that a baby will be in the house soon, but its pretty hard to know if he understands anything about it. He has been really nurturing lately: sharing his drink and snacks with his animals, carrying them around, covering them up for nap time. Its just so cute! I think he will be a great big brother! When we ask Logan if he is getting a brother or a sister, he always replies, "Susser"...so, we'll see!!

I'm still pretty convinced I am having a boy - no particular reason, just an instinct. When I saw my Mom and Dad this week they said I look much different than the last time, and John agreed. I hadn't really noticed, but now I can see that my belly is much lower than it was with Logan. I am still having raging cravings (mostly orange juice and ice cream), terrible heartburn, and a tough time sleeping. Other than that, I really feel GREAT!

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers, concern, and help! Please keep praying for us as we approach the delivery!

No comments: