Monday, August 17, 2009

LOGAN IS 2!

How did this happen? Our first baby turned 2! It was pretty unreal for John and I to think that Logan suddenly is so grown up (relatively speaking). Today my Babycenter.com email updates changed from "Your Toddler" to "Your Preschooler"! WHAT?! Preschooler?! I still feel like Logan is my baby in so many ways.

We had an awesome birthday party for Logan yesterday, but I have to post some photos later when I have more time. Today, Logan got to have a special banana bread with a candle, open gifts before Daddy went to work, and play lots of baseball with Mommy. It was a great day to turn 2!


Logan can almost get the candle out by himself...he just needed a little help!


So many fun new toys and gifts!




John thinks I do a little too much shopping with the boys given Logan's extreme interest in the shopping cart and cash register. What's scarier is Logan's instant use of the credit card swiper! It was like second nature to him...maybe I should start carrying more cash...
Actually, I would like to note that those gifts came from my mom and sister - frightfully appropriate!


After a quick run to the store for diapers and a stop at Starbucks (Logan had a yummy birthday cookie from our friends at Starbucks!) we played some serious baseball.


Bennett slept through all the commotion in his carseat!


Logan hits the ball and then takes off running - its the cutest thing you've ever seen! And he can REALLY hit the ball! It goes flying so far...you wouldn't believe it until you see it! I think its because of all that practice with a hockey stick. Logan is one super-coordinated kid.


This is Logan's special present from Papa. He doesn't look too happy in this photo, but that is because he really DID NOT want a photo taken. He loves the truck, but likes to have Mom or Dad close by while riding...I'm ok with that for now. :)

WHAT A DAY! WHAT A BOY! To think that two years ago he was smaller than Bennett and just one year ago he wasn't walking or talking much. Being a parent is the most amazing gift - to watch a child grow is the most amazing show in life!
We love you, Logan!

No comments: