Monday, April 28, 2008

North Dakota, revisited

This post is long overdue. The second week in April, Logan and I went with my mom to visit her side of the family in Minot, North Dakota. It was a blast! I know you saw a few pictures on a previous post, but here are more from the fun filled five day visit!






We were lucky to take flight (1.5 hours vs. a 8.5 hour car ride!). Logan has flown quite a bit in his short little life, but once again, he was a superstar. He was so BUSY, though! I was exhausted after holding him for just a little over an hour. He was all over the place, but no screams, freak-outs, or blow-outs! Yay! He did "pet" the shaved head of the gentleman in the seat in front of us...oops!





My cousin, Jody, and her little girls, Violet and Olivia. They twins are about 20 months old and so much fun! They are adorable and Jody is the best Mommy. She's a great role model for me and gives me great advice! They are certainly lucky little girls! Logan had met the girls when he was only 5 weeks old, but he had lots of fun watching them all weekend! He is practically the same size as the girls, despite the YEAR of age difference. I think Logan wondered why they could run around so well..."soon enough, my dear Logan, you will run, too"!



Logan meets Grandpa Sherman! My grandpa is wonderful! He is in good health and great spirits at 92! This was his first meeting with Logan and it was so fun! Grandpa Sherman has many grandchildren and even about 20 great-grandchildren. He mentioned how much he loves watching the little ones, seeing them grow up. We are so lucky we got to visit!


Logan sitting by Violet.


Kisses for Logan!


Sisters!



There were so many great highlights to our trip...one of them being my Aunt Shirley and Uncle Myron's new home. They spent over a year building a beautiful house on the golf course and its a total sanctuary! My favorite was her gorgeous kitchen with endless countertops, beautiful tiles, a huge island for prep, and another large bar with eight stools (not pictured here). All the hard work and time spent deciding on the details really paid off...the house is a masterpiece!



Another highlight was meeting my cousin Chad's new little boy, Oliver! Oliver is a Leap Year Baby, born February 29! He is perfect and precious. I think he looks just like his daddy! My only regret is that I didn't get more pictures of him and of Angie, Chad's wife. They are doing great and will be great parents!


Logan LOVED Aunt Shirley...he beamed from ear-to-ear each time he saw her!
So special!


The grandchildren and great-grandchildren with Grandpa Sherman after a yummy
Saturday brunch at Myron & Shirley's.


Nana was along, too! She usually took the pictures, but here is my Mom holding Logan, with Grandpa Sherman, his wife, Marlys, and Aunt Shirley.


Four Generations!


Play time! It was chilly, but we bundled up the kids and had some play time outside. My mom made all the kids hats, so I had to get a photo of them all together (even though none of them are looking at the camera!). This is Jody and her husband Tadd with the girls.

A BIG thanks again to everyone in Minot for hosting us! What a lovely trip and what a special visit to see all the new babies, the growing kids, cousins, and Aunts and Uncles. It was wonderful! We hope to visit again soon!


No comments: