Monday, August 6, 2012

FIVE Months!

I keep saying it, but I can't believe it.  Eden is five months old today!  On this day, Eden gave me the most precious of gifts: the most GIANT blow-out I have ever experienced.  This was not what I expected my my daughter.  Let me tell you, this girl seriously knows how to poop.  Today's blow-out (which was documented, but I'll save you the gross photo) was up-to-the-armpits poop in her car seat which required disassembling of the car seat for washing.  Actually, make that "stain-treating and soaking".  Yuck.  Way to go, my lady.  ;)  

That episode required a bath, so she has her fuzzy post-bath hair here.
Anyway, there are a lot cuter things she does at five months than dirty her diapers.  

Like chat with us all day long.  She loves to her herself and she is not to be outdone by her brothers!  Bennett has started covering his ears sometimes when she is talking because its so LOUD!  She has learned that to be heard in this family, you have to belt it out.  She also continues to sing herself to sleep.  Its often our cue that she is ready to sleep.

She also loves to giggle!  We have learned her tickle spots so we usually have a little giggle fest before changing into pjs.  She also laughs at her brothers when they do...well, anything.  She just thinks they are the funniest!

Eden is super strong and tries to sit up on her own, but can't quite do it.  She is constantly kicking her legs like a wild woman and flailing her arms.  She can now firmly grab onto something when she wants to and loves to play with toys.  We try to always have something for her to hold and play with.  The boys, as you can imagine, are great at giving her toys (sometimes appropriate: soft bunnies, her blankie, a rattle, a small ball; sometimes inappropriate: playmobile tiny pieces, bouncy balls, McQueen...).

Exhibit A: when I said I would take a photo of Eden with her Zebra, the boys took the liberty of crowding her with like seven other toys, as well!

Eden has also taken to her jumperoo and likes to spend some time in there.  She loves playing on the floor and loves tummy time too.  She now rolls over front to back and back to front, so she has made her way across the play room a couple times.  I am not ready for her to have any mobility yet, but I know its coming soon!

 
She is usually sleeping on her tummy these days and I think she sleeps more soundly.  She also still LOVES to be swaddled.  In fact, I need to find some swaddle wraps that come in larger sizes because she sleeps better when she is swaddled.

And because her brother really can't get enough of her...

a few pics of them all together.

This is one great life.  Look at the blessings!
Happy 5th month, Eden!  Can't wait for the rest...


No comments: