Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Some Photos from the Weekend

We've had a whirlwind of a few weeks.  I was sure that after Amy's wedding, life would slow down just a little.  Not.  Its been a super crazy schedule around our house and we're all pretty beat, but we seem to make it through each day!  Last weekend, John ended up hopping on the bus to join our Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls kids to go to Castaway at the last minute.  So...naturally, I packed up the kids and we headed to Stillwater.  Thank goodness we live as close as we do to family!  We had a good time catching up with Papa and Nana.  The boys were soooo good and I think we all enjoyed the change of pace for a couple days.


On Friday night we were lucky to see Amy and Andrew (aka: The Schmiesings) when they came over to my parents' house for dinner.  Fresh off their honeymoon, they are still so tan!  The boys had a great time playing with Auntie and Uncle.  Its so fun to see them together, adjusting to married life!  On Saturday morning, I took Logan to A & A's house after his haircut so he could see where they live.  He was a little confused about Amy not living at my parents' house anymore, so it was fun for him to see their place!  For the rest of the weekend Logan wanted to pretend that he was "Andrew" kicking the ball...sometimes I got to by "Amy" and play along!  He still talks about Amy and Andrew dancing at the wedding.  Its fun to so what his little imagination comes up with these days!


 Papa and the boys


My dad has a special touch: he is so patient and gentle.  The boys know that and love to hang out with Papa.  Bennett gets a lot of one-on-one time with Papa when we're there because Logan gives Nana a pretty crazy run for her money most of the time.  If I'm lucky, I get a little break.  :)


Papa and Logan hung out at home while Bennett went with my mom and I for some errands on Sunday. It was a nice day again, so they mostly played outside, but Logan also found the Mardi Gras beads...


Bennett is working on learning to sit up and sure loves the bumbo these days!


I can't believe how big Bennett is getting!  I especially notice it when he sits in Logan's lap and I think back to when he was a newborn: so small and fragile!  What a difference at 5 months!

No comments: