Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cookies for Dad

John has been working so hard lately. He really has a lot on his plate with Young Life growing, new staff, new schools developing, raising finances, running a committee, not to mention all the contact with high school kids. Besides all of that, he has been intentional about making time to spend with Logan and I whenever he can. Its a lot to juggle and we're learning to balance life as best we can! There is not always much I can do besides encourage John by telling him what a great job he is doing at work and how gifted he is for his position in Young Life. Logan and I thought we would make Daddy's favorite peanut butter cookies on Thursday, just for a treat because he is so great!


Logan enjoys helping pour the ingredients in the bowls and especially stirring with a spatula or wooden spoon! I think he will soon need his own apron because we're a little messy!


We let Logan sit on the counters when we cook, bake, and prep food. He likes to help out. It might not be a very good habit, but for now it seems to work well!


As you can see, Logan thoroughly enjoyed the cookie dough (and there were no raw eggs, so I let him indulge a little!). This little mini spatula was the perfect treat for Logan while he sat to help finish the cookies.

Just for the record: I am not much for cooking or baking. I like to try, but nothing seems to turn out that great. Even when I've made something a million times, I still have no problem messing it up! So, as you can probably guess, we ended up throwing out the cookies. John didn't even get to enjoy them - I guess its the thought that counts! At least it kept Logan and I busy after nap time and Logan enjoyed a little peanut butter dough!

No comments: