Sunday, February 1, 2009

MCC 2009

We traveled this weekend to Madison for the 2009 Mission Community Conference. This conference is held every two years for our Young Life region (Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa) to connect, learn, fellowship, and grow together. We've been waiting since early fall for this chance to spend a weekend with our leaders and committee, so we had a great time!

Logan stayed in Stillwater with my family from Thursday-Sunday afternoon and did great. He loves all the toys and attention! We're thankful to have family so close and so willing to care for Logan! It would have been so much fun to bring him to the conference, but I also enjoyed the time getting to know the leaders better!

We worshiped, prayed, and attended conferences on club, camp, and adolescent culture. We spent our free time drinking coffee, playing lots of games, eating snacks, and meeting up with YL friends from other areas. It was a great weekend and we're so excited about the rest of the year ahead!


We were lucky to have such great worship leaders this weekend!


I have to admit that this was a highlight for me (since I am pregnant, I have no shame in admitting how I've been craving Oreos!)! We all ate out at Cosi on Saturday night and enjoyed these made-at-the-table s'mores! YUM! Toasted marshmallows, melted chocolate, and giant Oreos. What more could a girl want?


The girls' table at dinner! I guess we forgot to get a picture of the guys. We have about 6 returning leaders and about 10 new leaders this semester! We have college students of all ages and several post-college leaders on our team, as well. We were also lucky to have some committee members with us this weekend. I think we all have sore stomachs from laughing all weekend long!


No comments: