Friday, January 9, 2009

Another one bites the dust...

I've been working at Starbucks inside the mall in Eau Claire for about two years. I transferred from a free standing store when I was just a few months pregnant with Logan. The mall store was pretty quiet, relatively small, and very easy-going. It has been perfect for me as a mom, since the hours are only 9am-9pm. However, the store has reaching its final fate, closing the doors at the end of the year. So sad! I think even more than losing my job there, I was sad that I won't be able to grab a Starbucks latte if I'm at the mall (we don't go to the mall much here, but if we do, we usually like to stop in for a coffee).




Since there are several other Starbucks in town, none of us really "lost" our jobs. We were just placed at other stores. I wasn't sure whether to keep working or not, but John and I decided I would just apply for the transfer and see if I could still get good hours at one of the other stores. My requests were granted without any qualms, so I start working back at the Clairemont Ave. store next week! I'll still be on the one/two days per week schedule, which works perfectly for us. Let's just be honest...we can't bear the thought of living without the Starbucks employee perks!


My two favorite girls on our last night working at the store!

No comments: