Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Fraternity

The boys room!  We redid the boys room last year the weekend of December 12.  My parents took the boys for the weekend and John and I (with the help of our dear best friends, Mollie and Aubrey) patched, painted, put the bunks together and dressed up the room.  I was 5+ months pregnant with Eden and I stayed up for 23 hours to get the room done!  Phew!  
There was a lot of build-up to the boys sharing a room in our new house.  We had lived here a couple months with Bennett still sleeping in the crib, but we told them when they came home, they would have bunk beds and Benny would sleep in a big boy bed!  Woohoo!  The room was really sad looking: lots of cracks and terrible paint.  I had a vision of the room I wanted from the Land Of Nod catalog.
I started searching Craigslist for bunk beds (full-over-twin) and found an awesome set in Edina, MN.  They were a barely used Room & Board set with storage drawers underneath.  The price was unbeatable!  So, I packed up the boys and drove to Edina to buy the beds on a random winter day.  I started to purchase bedding when I found it so by the time our makeover weekend rolled around, we had everything we needed to make the room sleep-able for the boys when they got home!

These photos aren't perfect or styled, but the room was a little bit clean, so I decided it was time to take a few photos.  The boys are champion room-sharers.  They love sharing their room and they have a great bedtime routine together.  Bennett's transition to a big bed was freakishly seamless.












No comments: