Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Baby (Girl) Shower

Today was such fun!  My friends threw the most beautiful baby girl shower for me.  The best was spending time with girlfriends, enjoying great treats, and even a little craft project all together.  My sweet friend, Mollie and her mom, along with our dear friend Lisa hosted this shower and it was over-the-top cute!  All the pink has really got me excited about Baby Girl coming our way in just 10 days!

The spread for brunch was amazing and delicious.  My favorite part was the punch, served in glass baby bottles, with the pink and white paper straws.  Adorable.

 Oh-so-cute!

How cute are these fruit cups with place cards?


 There were treats and flowers everywhere - it was all just soooo pretty!


 I love this idea for a shower or even for a birthday:

each guest got to write out "wishes for baby".  It wasn't easy to think of what to write, but so very special for the baby and the mommy-to-be.

In another room, it was craft central!
  
These onesies were strung up, just waiting to be adorned by all the guests.




 After our yummy meal, we headed down to start our projects.  I opened gifts while we worked on making onesies and hair bows for Baby Girl.

Some of the finished products:




 So adorable, right?  Honestly, we could have crafted all day, but the fun eventually had to end...for now. :)

And, this lucky little lady came away with quite the wardrobe - and a few other fun things, too!  My friends couldn't believe it when I told them I haven't bought a single thing for her.  Seriously!  I have made stuff for her room and gotten a few items for it (like a new lamp), but I haven't bought any clothes - I haven't even really looked!  My mom and mother-in-law have helped fill her little closet, but today was a big help too!

Before leaving, I snapped a quick photo with Mollie because I thought I should have at least one photo of me at the baby shower!  Many thanks to my sweet and lovely friends for celebrating with me, spoiling me, and for spending the day with me!

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a special shower!! I am so sad I missed it, but can't wait to come over and spend time with all of you!!
xxoo,NANA