Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Day!

Well, I really dropped the ball for Valentine's Day this year.  My excuse is that between finishing up work at Starbucks (early mornings!), getting ready for the baby, and signing up to be in charge of treats for Logan's class party, anything special for home seemed to fall through the cracks.  Oh well, there is always next year!

Luckily, my mom had been over earlier in the week to help out and she brought over some cookies to decorate.  The boys had fun creating special cookies for each individual person. 

Thanks to my mom! 

Sunday when Bennett was sleeping, Logan and I made these cool Valentine's for his class.  We had lots of fun, but I didn't take a single photo.  Then we also made special pink cupcakes with heart shaped marshmallows for him to share with his class.  After last year, I knew cakepops were out.  Thank goodness for Logan's fun class party or Valentine's really would have been a bust.

To make matters worse, John stayed home Valentine's day because he had a nasty version of influenza.  So, I quarantined him to the bedroom for the day.  We usually have small group on Tuesday nights, so that would have been our little Love Day date, but of course we cancelled.  The boys and I went to the children's museum together for our special activity.

No comments: