Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mommy-Logan-Days

Last week while John was gone, I had the rare chance to spend a couple days alone with Logan.  My parents offered to have Bennett for two nights so Logan and I could be in Eau Claire for preschool, soccer, and playdates.  It was extra helpful because both boys like to challenge me a little too much these days.  Logan and I rarely have such undivided time together anymore.  Usually, he is off to do "big boy adventures" with Daddy while Bennett stays home with me; he can stay out in the cold longer than Bennett; he now patiently puts up with me putting Bennett down for naps changing diapers, etc.  Having the time together when all I had to think about playing with Logan and spending great time with him was a special treat.

We did preschool, friends, playdates, dinner with friends, the children's museum, soccer, the moose cafe - lots of fun stuff!  It was actually kinda tiring.  About halfway through the second day, I had an unexpected reaction from Logan:

Logan suited up with  his jacket, hat, and shoes.
Logan: "I wanna go save Bennett".
Me: "What?"
Logan: "Mommy, I wanna go rescue Bennett and bring him home".
Me: "Logan, Bennett is at Nana's house and he is having fun.  We get to spend time together...its so special!"
Logan: crying, sobbing, screaming.  "I miss Benny!"

We then called Nana to check on Bennett and learned he was having a great time.  Once I convinced Logan that we were leaving the next day after school to "rescue Benny", he was satisfied.  I mean, come on, what am I??  Chopped liver?!!  The reaction was surprising to me, but I remember other times when Logan is so protective of Bennett (even at the grandparents' houses).  Its really sweet that he missed him so much.  They have been playing really well together!

Thanks to my parents for having Bennett...he's no easy little boy!  Here are some photos from our day at the museum in Eau Claire.

Logan likes playing Dentist.

He was busy at the construction site...

but his favorite was the postal gig.

We always love the water exhibit.  It was so nice not to be patrolling Bennett at the pools this time.

Of course, Logan had to put on a show for me before we left for lunch.  He doesn't take after anyone I know...


No comments: