Thursday, September 2, 2010

Brookside 2010 - Jill's Birthday

We weren't actually at Brookside for my birthday, but close enough.  I have never been too excited about getting "old" and Scott is well-aware of that.  He has made it one of his missions to make sure I never forget that I'm aging.  However, he made a few comments this spring that really made me believe I would get away with turning 30 without a big to-do from him.

I was wrong.

We started the day with a lovely spa treatment - a special little bridal pampering in anticipation of Jenny's wedding next summer.  Jess, the matron of honor planned a day at the spa, lunch, and gifts for Jenny.  It was a great day!  John watched the boys while we were out all day long!

Off to be pampered in Park Rapids!

Let's just say that after this lovely day, knowing we were heading out to Campaneros (a Mexican restaurant in Dorset) for dinner, I certainly did not suspect anything.  I was just happy that we weren't having to cook dinner that evening.  Then Scott and Jess emerged from their room announcing "We have one more birthday to celebrate".  

Oh boy.  This can't be good!

Luckily, Scott was so kind and tasteful.  He and Jess brought out shirts for everyone with my photo, so we all obliged.  It was actually pretty fun (and embarrassing, but it was Dorset...).

Here's Logan sporting his "My Mommy's 30!" t-shirt.

Bennett and John

Me.  The quote was actually a legit quote from Robert Frost and it was kind.  :)  Thanks, Scott!

There's always a lot of time to wait around when you go to Dorset because its always busy.  So, Logan had time for a few races.  And, we had time for some photos and window shopping at the trinket stores.

My boys.

Us!

The whole group!  Ten of us wandering around in these shirts made it a spectacle.  On our way through the restaurant to our table I heard, "There SHE is!".

Logan wore my birthday sombrero at dinner.

What kind of mom makes their kids wear a shirt with her face on it?!  One who is 30, I guess!

Thanks for all the fun Scott and Jess - those shirts were masterpieces!  :)


No comments: