Sunday, November 23, 2014

Atlanta!

I was lucky to travel with John to his conference again this year - this time: Atlanta!  We had such a great time in Nashville last year, we knew we wanted to plan for me to come along again if we could!  Thanks to my parents for staying at our house and taking the kids to school a couple days while we take off!  And thanks to John's parents for taking us to the airport (SUPER early!) on Thursday!
We are off!  Its that surreal feeling when we feel like you must've left something behind because the kids aren't along!

Our first stop was a drive to Greenville, SC in our rental car from ATL.  We got to meet out sweet niece Nora for the first time!  Oh my goodness, my heart melts for this precious little one!  We got some perfect and lovely time with Scott, Jess, and Miss Nora while we spent just one night with them.

I monopolized the baby and got some serious snuggle time!

But I had to let John hold her some too :)

I loved that Nora just hung out on the island while we ate a yummy dinner.

John putting his baby skills to work

Thanks to Scott and Jess for letting us blitz into town to visit out first niece!  Congrats to them - she is so amazing!

Our hostess with the mostest (Jess, of course) sent some macaroons with us so on our drive back to Atlanta, I enjoyed them with a latte.  Yum.

We headed out to a lovely dinner with John's co-worker and his wife!

John attended his conference and I sent time reading, working out, watching tv and relaxing!  It was great!  We didn't do much sightseeing but we did stay at Olympic Park, so we got to see some of downtown, the CNN center, and the ferris wheel.

I grouponed us some tickets onto the ferris wheel, so we enjoyed that as our one touristy splurge.

Atlanta at night!

Olympic Park

And heading out we took the subway back to the airport - had to take this photo for the boys since it resembles the Ninja Turtles!

No comments: