Friday, October 25, 2013

Mommy & Eden Gymnastics

Eden and I signed up for Mommy & Me gymnastics with the YMCA.  She is such a crazy climber that I thought it would be perfect for her!  We signed up with our friends Molly & Reese.  The class isn't as beginner as I expected for 18-36 months.  Eden is the youngest, but I wasn't expecting "So then they can swing from the uneven bars and land on the mat".  WHAT?!  Ok, I might not be cut out to be a gymnastics mom, but never-say-never.
Eden wasn't big on sitting in a circle on the dots.  She'd rather pick up her dot and move it around!

But she loves to climb on everything!

Usually she is pretty unsure about class until we get to go on the balance beam or trampoline - she loves that!

Molly and Reese on the beam




Eden having fun on the beam (this beam is on the ground).



On this particular day, it was the last class and John was busy studying, so I took the boys along.  Not my brightest moment.  But the class had been pretty relaxed and I knew it wouldn't really matter if the boys were along.  Halfway through class, I let the boys come and "help" Eden with her obstacle course.  Which turned into dirty looks from other moms...oh well.



Eden loved running on the trampoline!


Then she always wanted to pout when her turn was over.

Eden and Reese with their little certificates on the last day of class.  I'm kinda glad its over...but it was fun to try!!  We loved seeing Molly and Reese on Saturday mornings!





No comments: