Thursday, July 12, 2012

Kids' Vacay - Day 4

We packed up on Thursday for another fun outing that Logan had done with Nana, but I'm sure Bennett did not know what he was in for!  We headed to the Mall of America for a day at Nickelodeon Universe!  It was great!  The boys got wristbands so they could ride all day and a chaperone could ride along.  That was me.  :)  I'm not much for rides and let me tell you: the Blues Clues ride about did me in!

Eden all packed up and ready to go!

Bennett wasn't so sure at first, but it didn't take him long to warm up!  Logan was ALL in right away...full speed ahead!

It is so fun to watch the kids have such a blast doing crazy stuff!  Love it!

The Barnyard Hayride was a favorite.

It was so hilarious: the boys would put their hands up and scream when we dipped and went around the corner!  This was not as tame of a roller coaster as you would think!  They loved it!

Eden was not as enthusiastic as the boys, but she was oh-so-cute, as always.

My little snacker.  This boy needs his snacks - and not a minute late.

Bennett's all time favorite was the semi trucks.  We went on these about 10 times in a row.  By the end, I didn't have to go with...he loved it so much!

The boys tried the mini bumper cars and I was soooo nervous.  I thought for sure they would get stuck, or bumped too hard, or just be scared.  Nope.  They LOVED it!  They rode together in a car and Logan was like the best little driver out there!  He drove around, avoiding the other cars - like he had done it before or something.  I couldn't believe it!  They preceded to go on the bumper cars like 20 times.  Clearly, there were no lines or waiting - they would just walk right up and get on the ride again!

Nana got lots of snuggle time with Nana while I was busy with the boys.

 Logan was cautious and smart - such a first born.

As they got more comfortable, Logan would sometimes bump into another car and then they would laugh, of course.

 By the end of the day, Bennett drove his own car a couple times, too.

I was really proud of them for trying something new and not being too sheepish. 

 After LOTS of rides - around probably 1:30, we decided we had to take a break for lunch.  So, we went to my favorite place: Nordstrom.  I love the store and I also love their little cafe.  They serve a great casual, pretty quick lunch and have good kids' meals.  Of course, since the Anniversary Pre-Sale was happening, we had to look around.  The boys got new kicks.  So.Cool.  And, of course, they insisted on wearing them!

I'm so happy for the boys that they have each other.  They had such a good time together.

We also had to stop by Legoland where we found this awesome Woody.  Bennett wondered "where could Buzz be? maybe next time he will be here, mom".



Again, Eden was snoozing away after her own late lunch.  What a trooper.  Best baby ever.

This family kinda cracked me up.  I mean neon hues are stylish right now, but really?!  Clearly, it was their "i-know-who-my-family-is-because-we're-all-wearing-neon" strategy, but it was worth a photo.

Then it was back to the rides, if you can believe it?!  The boys re-did some of the rides they had already done and even tried some new ones.

This FlyBoat was so so so funny!  I couldn't believe they liked it!  They went up and then bounced their way down to the bottom and up again.  I was just glad I didn't have to go with!

This was a seriously fun day!  And a long one!  It was exhausting for the kids and for my mom and I, too.  Thanks to my mom for a wonderful day and for all her help!


No comments: