Friday, July 13, 2012

Kids' Vacay - Day 5

We started off Day 5 in the best possible way: Papa Famous Pancakes!  My dad was working from home on Friday, so he was whipping them up before we headed out for another playdate with my friend Sarah and her kids.

Sarah lives in Minneapolis, near Minnehaha Academy where John and I spent so much time for the first 4 years of our marriage.  It was fun to drive back and tell the boys that I used to work at that school.  They were confused, I think.  :)  So far, I haven't even taken my big camera out of the case on this trip, so why start now?  I took some photos with my iPhone again, but they didn't turn out too great with the morning light.
Here you can see Grace showing off her tricks and Bennett trying to keep up.  Both of these kiddos are 3.  Benny was pretty excited to play with Grace and while he was a little shy, he warmed up by the end.

William (almost 5, just like Logan) shared his cool Vikings helmet with Bennett!

Little Kate is still little!  She is sweet and smiley.  What a cutie!

The baby girls (just about 12 days apart) hung out in their seat while the moms made lunch.  The kids all did really well together.

Grace wanted a photo with her sister.  :)  

And, of course, there was hockey!

It was a fast paced morning with 6 kids and 2 moms!  Thanks to the Careys for hosting us - we had a great time!

When we got home, Papa and Nana were ready for some time with the kids after our morning away to visit friends.  Eden was wide awake and having fun with Papa.

She sure does like to stand on her chubby little legs!

It turned out to be a rainy afternoon and Papa and Bennett had a special trip to the movies while the rest of us ran a few errands and rested.  It was such a great week - many many thanks to my parents.  I know it was tiring and super busy!  Tomorrow we meet Dad back at home!  Yay!  We have lots of fun stories from our adventures.



No comments: