Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer Recap

We had a great summer, enjoyed spending most of our time here in Eau Claire, which felt like a "first" after 8 years on Young Life staff.  We really got to enjoy summer, our neighborhood, our own yard, and each other!  We relished all the time together, time with friends and time with family, too.

Our backyard became a haven for outside play.  With a sandbox, the sand/water table, baby pool, endless sports toys and room to run, the boys had a great time!  They especially love it when our neighbor, Sadie, comes out to play with them in the evenings when she is home from daycare.

We also loved walking to the park - just around the block!  Bennett found a love for the backpack so I ended up carting him on my back on some really HOT days!

Logan, of course, got his super short hair do (thanks to John!).  He looks so cute and grown up - like a Mini-John.  We are letting it grow out now...

I snapped this photo one afternoon while Bennett napped with me.  This doesn't happen much anymore but its just so sweet to have your child sleep on you.  He's getting so big!  I have a similar photo from when I was pregnant with Bennett and Logan slept on me...just cherishing those sweet moments!

No comments: