Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stillwater

Logan and I have spent a few days of each of the last two weeks in Stillwater. The first week of May, John had a regional meeting in Michigan, so I made the short trek to Stillwater from Thursday-Saturday for some help with Logan. This week, John was working on some projects at home, so we let him work in peace! We spent a few nights at my parents' house and John was able to tackle a few projects.

John and I often remark how we are glad we don't live too far from our parents' homes. Especially since the grandparents are always willing to help out now that we have kids! Its so nice to be able to jump in the car and see our families in just over an hour.

Both trips to Stillwater included shopping downtown, lots of time with Nana and Auntie Amy, and playing outside. My dad has been travelling internationally quite a bit, so its usually just been my mom at home. Amy works 4-day weeks, so if we're lucky, we catch her on her day off!


Amy and Logan at Leo's diner downtown Stillwater for lunch on Friday, May 8th. We go to have a yummy lunch in the window seat of this mainstreet diner. Logan LOVED watching all the cars, trucks and bikes go by. I think he could have stayed all day. He also really LOVED Amy! He only wanted to sit with her and have her push the stroller. The first thing he would say when he woke up was, "Amy?". So cute!

This weekend the highlight was seeing our friends William and Grace. My very good friend Sarah brought her kids out to Stillwater to play at my parents' house on Friday. I swear, she is supermom! It was her first week back at work, Mike was gone hunting, and she still managed to get both kids from Minneapolis to Stillwater by 10am for our playdate (both clean, and dressed, even!). She is my idol right now, considering I will be joining the ranks of two-kid-mommies very soon! Unfortunately, none of the photos I took turned out, but click here for a look at her blog to see our playtime with the boys (and Gracie, too!).

Saturday Logan came down with a virus and battled a fever for the rest of the weekend. So, I didn't take any photos of the sick little boy...I think he's on the mend! Hopefully we can all stay super healthy until Baby K arrives!




No comments: