Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ups and Downs

Our weekend has been full of ups and downs...hopefully we're all on the up-swing now. The weekend started out with our friend, Dave coming over late at night from White Bear Lake to help John with the final phase of our lower level project: crown molding. The guys were able to spend some time catching up on Thursday evening and then were up bright and early with Logan and I on Friday to begin the project. Thanks Dave! While the guys worked, Logan and I traveled to Menomonie to meet my good friend Carrie for coffee. Logan was super and loved playing with Carrie. She just graduated med school and is off to Grand Rapids, Michigan with her husband, Josh (also a doctor) for residency.

Saturday this house woke up to a very sick Mommy...just a reminder that moms don't get built-in sick days. Luckily John was home and more than willing to spend lots of time with Logan. The boys played outside, worked outside, had a picnic outside - all of Logan's favorite things! I got some extra sleep that was much-needed! Since the resident photographer (me) was in bed most of the weekend, I don't have many photos to show...


Logan helping John pick weeds. Its amazing what toddlers find fun that we hate as adults! Last fall John removed all the landscape rock and material from the back of the house to dig the trench for the gas line for the fireplace...now I guess we'll have to put everything back!


"Water?" Logan kept running over to the faucet, pretending like he was going to turn it on, and then run back over to John for a hug. We can't get enough of moments like these!


Playing with Dad = big smiles!

Around 2am on Sunday morning, I went into the ER because of shortened breath and chest pains. I woke up and starting reading about it and decided I better get it checked out. So, after several tests, everything serious (blood clots, lung infection, pneumonia) was ruled out and it was concluded a side effect of my upper respiratory infection. So, they were able to give me some medication safe for the baby to help this infection pass as quickly as possible. The baby is coming so soon...I would hate to be sick! Once again, this morning John let me sleep in as long as I needed while the boys went to the park, ran errands, picked up my medication, and had lunch. It was great to get so much rest - hopefully I can stay far enough away from John and Logan to keep them healthy. A big thanks to John, he really is Superdad. He did all of this with Logan while still finishing the crown molding (with help from Bob), keeping the house in order, washing the cars, and so much more! Thanks honey!


John and Logan picked up this card for me and some yummy chocolate while they were out. So special - it made me feel better right away!

No comments: