Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Eden's Birthday!

We woke up ready to celebrate Eden again today...this time its her REAL birthday!  Wednesdays are interesting days because John is gone until about 10pm for youth group.  So, we decided to take a special birthday lunch to Jacobs Well to celebrate Eden!  John and Mollie & Aubrey all had lunch and cake with us.  It was crazy and special and messy.  :)

I have to admit, I felt like the biggest failure when I realized I wouldn't have time to even bake a cake for Eden's special day.  I had to BUY cupcakes...gasp.

It was a snacky kind of lunch for Eden.

Sweetest baby blues.



And cupcakes of course!  This time Eden knew just what to do...


no holding back!  She takes after Bennett: the frosting is her favorite@



Eden and Mollie!

Then after lunch we went off to the museum where we met up with our friend Reese and her mom, Molly.  The kids all had fun playing!



Benny wore his gloves inside until he realized he was getting hot.  The boys played with us in the Toddler Park for a long time.  Its really for kids 4 and under, but I usually let them come in with us if its not too full of very little kids.  They do a great job playing nicely while we are there!

Eden loved the little bridge...

and that boat!


Then she figured out she could slide down the sloped part of the bridge.  Smarty.





Me and my girl!  I have to admit, being really busy was a good thing today.  Its been a little tough for me, grieving the baby years.  Of course, I have nothing but a grateful heart for my awesome three kids who are perfect to me in every way.  There is just something about the last baby turning one that makes me a little teary...happy tears.  :)


Construction Zone!

Bennett says, "No more pictures, Mom!"

And for good measure, another cupcake after her favorite dinner: Mac & Cheese.

And being the Mamarazzi, I couldn't let the day pass without trying to get a few pics of her sitting in the chair with her cute "1" shirt on (my mom made it of course!).  She wasn't having any sitting still for pics...


"ahhhhhh!"  She is always talking about something.  :)

Playing tricks on mommy.  Happy birthday Eden!


No comments: