Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Update on Bennett


Bennett was one month old on July 5th! We can't believe one month has already passed since he was born! He is such a good baby, I still can't believe it! He has grown out of all the newborn sized clothes and is wearing 3 month sizes now! We had Bennett's first pediatrician appointment since his one-week check and he is doing great! He measured in the 85th percentile at 23.25 inches long! His weight is in the 50th percentile at 10 lbs 13 oz. If you remember, Logan was 10 lbs 12 oz and 23 inches when he was born! Wow!

Bennett still sleeps most of the day but is starting to focus on us and listen to us when he is awake. We love the time he is awake! Logan especially gets excited to see Bennett's eyes open! I'm a very lucky mommy because Bennett is also a very good sleeper at night. He has been sleeping 6-7 hours at a stretch (sometimes more!) and its wonderful!


Bennett likes his tummy time! Logan always hated tummy time and would get so upset, but Bennett just pushes himself up, occasionally rolls over, and looks around. His neck is so strong, he holds it up whenever he can to look at his surroundings.


Our sleepy boy - last day in this new born outfit because his legs are too long!


Awake! Bennett's eyes are so blue! Logan's were a pretty muddy blue to begin with and changed to brown after only two weeks. I'm so curious to see what Bennett's eyes will do...


The boys snuggling in their pj's before bed sometime last week. There are so many precious moments with these two boys, I just can't catch it all on my camera!


Finally! I am caught up! The following photos I just took today. We've had a great week so far! Logan has been a little challenging, but I just remind myself that his world has changed a lot in the last month. AND, he's basically a two year old, so I know that comes with its own challenges! AH! This week we've been at playgroup, storytime at the library, and out to see my Sammy's friends at our book club. We're finally getting back into our old routine. It's great to get out, but its a lot of work with two! I think it takes like 20 minutes just to pack up and leave the house! We'll get better with time...


Bennett before feeding...


After feeding! Much happier!


blue eyes!


Even though I can tell some moments are hard for Logan when he doesn't get our full attention, he loves his little brother so much and always asks, "Tiss??". He just loves to give Bennett kisses on his head and its so cute!

No comments: